Pages

Saturday 2 January 2016

My Summer Learning Journey - Day 6

It is day six and me and curious kiwi are in Germany. Before me and curious kiwi begin our day we need to have breakfast. Here I am comparing the different breakfasts Germany has to New Zealand, and finding the Similarities.



         Germany: Cheese Platters                  


Cheese Platters in New Zealand

 aren't common but are still eat'n. 
I don't think that I would enjoy 
cheese platters because I don't like
 cheese but it would be great for cheese lovers.
     
Beans eggs and toast:
this Breakfast is commonly 
eat'n in New Zealand. I think that I 
would enjoy this breakfast because
 I love all three of the ingredients. 

Image result for Bean eggs and toAST    

Mezze Platters:

This Breakfast is not common
 in New Zealand because 
it is an middle eastern tradition 
it used to be an appetizer but is know
eaten at breakfast time. I  have had this before 
because I am half middle eastern.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Zeba, you did a great job with this task. I really like the way that you posted pictures of the three common breakfast examples and then explained clearly why you would or wouldn't enjoy eating this particular food.

    I am intrigued to read that you have middle eastern heritage. Do you mind me asking you where your family is from in the middle east? I have always been fascinated by the different middle eastern cultures and I would love to travel there one day (if it was safe enough).

    I would also love to travel to Germany to eat cheese and mezze platters for breakfast. They look a lot fancier than my typical cup of tea and bowl of muesli!

    What do you commonly eat for breakfast in New Zealand? Do you have a favourite dish?

    I hope that you're able to enjoy some delicious meals this summer as you can wake up and sit down to a large breakfast without having to rush off to school (if you want to!).

    Sadly, that is not the case for me as I'm working this month. In fact, this morning I was in such a rush that I actually ate my breakfast in the car. Yikes!

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Zeba,

    Thanks for your interesting post! I just met a friend who is my "language tandem partner" here - we have Sunday breakfast/brunch and it is usually does indeed include cheese slices and bread. It took me some time to get used to it, but now I enjoy this type of breakfast (but I love cheese, so... :D ) However, I have to admit that I have a jar of Vegemite (I like Marmite too) and horrify my flatmates by spreading the stuff on my toast some mornings! Once a Kiwi, always a Kiwi eh!

    I am very impressed at how active your blog is! Really enjoying your posts. I am curious... what do you usually have for breakfast?

    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zeba, I'm from Malaysia.

    I'm glad that I have a chance to go on your blog and read through your stuff. You had stated out the information clearly and organized, it's a good thing to be. I totally love the way you posted this blog, you had given the information right above each picture and the picture are clearly taken. By your post, I'm able to know more about the breakfast in New Zealand and Germany!

    In Malaysia, Asia, there's not many delicious breakfast like you have in New Zealand. We usually have toast bread, nasi lemak, mee hoon and foods like that. Feel free to have a try on our food someday!

    Cant wait for your next post about foods (since i love it :) ) and also other post too!

    Joey.

    ReplyDelete